Sometimes Kids know best!

Sometimes Kids know best!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back On Track Today - Crazy Morning Start

Day two of this blogging thing and the more I think about it the more I'm 80% positive I will end up turning this into a diary LOL. It's ok I'm happy enough with my life to share it with the planet. I'm proud of what I've done so far and Lord only knows where this will lead me. We all shall see right?

Sent my daughter to school today, flu and all, hope she makes it threw the day. She seems better and a mom never knows if it's the right choice until one of two things happens. 1) you get all the way to the office (an hour away) and the school nurse calls to tell you, "You need to come and pick up your daughter" or 2) the 2:30pm phone call comes in from your little one saying she's home from school for the day and does she really have to do all this homework. Either way, I did it knowing full well the ride home from work was going to be kind of a, shall we call it, kind of a not so exciting evening one LOL. 

Sarted out the day up a little early so I thought I could sneak in a 20min run on the treadmill. This of course set the rest of the day off to a slightly behind the minute schedule of hurry ups and you're going to miss the bus rushing.
It goes a little like this, and almost everyday:
 Don't forget to pack your lunch. I did. Did you get a spoon? Mom do I have to take that cold medicine? You should. Which one? The night time or the day time one? Of brother!!! really, did you get that spoon for your lunch yet?  Mom I need to get in the bathroom hurry up, I have to straighten my hair. Ok OK! but you have straight hair already I don't understand. Don't forget your spoon? I wont!
Out the door we go, and sitting at the bus stop, she says to me, what if I get sick, who's going to pick me up? Don't worry about it, I will come get you if you need a ride. But mom your an hour away and if I'm sick I want to go home sooner then that. Sorry kid that's the way it is. Now here's your bus, have a good day, XO. I only get a kiss at the bus stop. If I drop her off at school its not cool, so no kiss for me.
5 minutes later I get a text message, Mom I forgot my spoon, can you bring me one? 
 And this is only the first two hours of the day, yikes!
In all the rushing around this morning, I did notice a little note taped to the fridge that said: do homework, no snacks, 20 min run, and 20 mins of sit-ups. Yeah! I'm a little more then siked to see her leave herself a note like this. Planning ahead is the first step, and if she does it, I will be even more excited. So happy to see her making an effort to live a healthier life style. I give her credit too, because that little note would stop me from opening the fridge, I would need more like a hammer an nails :)  I hope in my heart of hearts she is feeling better and not suffering threw this day, and more then that I hope she is well enough to come home and follow her little note.
 Well got to go for now, my lunch break is over and its back to business for this mom. May you all have a great day. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment